Monday, August 12, 2013

Charlie Parker- Bird Is Free (1961)


I have decided that my first vinyl upload ever would be my favorite jazz album of all time, Bird Is Free. Recorded in 1952, this is the epitome of what jazz truly is. Every cut on this album slams and as the record progresses from side A to B you can hear the crowd and musicians getting increasingly 'Jazzy'... Legend says that Charlies take on 'Lester Leaps In' on this album is the longest and fastest saxophone solo in the history of dopeness. As the record comes to an end Charlie presents us with 'Laura', the theme for a 1945  mystery film that matches the description of the tune.. So Happy Listening!!!

6 comments:

  1. did you have this? i couldn't find it anywhere on the web

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful man!! Bird Lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming from simon's blog where I've seen your adress !
    thanks for this Bird (unknown LP to me)
    great share for a completist !

    Thanks again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Glad all bird fans can hear this little known LP

      Delete